dimanche 26 juin 2011

Meals on Wheels

I did it. I finally did it!

I had been nagging my friends for MONTHS about going to eat tacos out of the Grumman '78 truck. But unfortunately, the truck is often out of my way. It's stationned every Wednesday to Saturday in front of Le Nouveau Palais in the Mile-End from Midnight to 3 AM.

But Grumman '78 finally came to my 'hood as it was parked on the corner of Balmoral and Ste-Catherine for the duration of the Francofolies.

How cool is that truck?






2 tacos recipes were on the menu when we went, each made with fresh ingredients and loads of creativity. The menu changes daily.

For meat-lovers: Pork Tacos


A vegetarian option: Kidney Beans and Feta Tacos


I need to salute the owner's initiative, who appear to have managed to make their meals on wheels initiative work successfully in a city where street food vendors are still not allowed to do business. It's a shame that this ruling is still in effect.

If you come across the Taco Truck this summer, please encourage their creativity, initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire