mardi 3 mai 2011

Costume Institute Gala : Red carpet recap!

Last night in New York, the Met hosted the most exciting night of the year fashion-wise... the Costume Institute Gala.

There are about 1,000,000 pictures of those in attendance online, so here are my picks for the most interesting outfits. Remember that this is the night where the entertainment industry A-List is allowed to wear the most original, fashion-forward and cutting-edge outfits. The event was also a tribute to the late great Alexander McQueen, who took his own life last year. Hence, several of the stars in attendance payed hommage to the British designer by wearing his creations.

Let's start with the Devil herself.
Anna Wintour wore Chanel instead of Prada for the occasion. LOVE the dress. One of my top picks for this event.


Michelle Williams in Miu Miu.
My favourite outfit of the night.
I WANT THIS DRESS.
Take it off Michelle, it was made for me. Because I love Miu Miu and I love birds. Hell, I even got birds from an old Miu Miu print tattooed on my right wrist. Do I need to justify further why this dress should BE MINE?


Christina Ricci in Zac Posen.
Simply breathtaking! One of the best of the night.


Daphne Guiness in Alexander McQueen.
One of the bolder choices this year, it's a great tribute to the late designer.


Hamish Bowles in Alexander McQueen.
Because men can be crazy too.



Alexa Chung in Christopher Kane.
A little understated, it's something I would actually wear at a cocktail party.


Ashley Olsen in Vintage Dior.
The child start turned fashion mogul is channeling her inner Snow White with those poufy sleeves. I think that she manages to pull it of!


Taylor Swift in J. Mendel.
I like that she's trying a different look from the sequined-country gowns we're accustomed to see her in. The dramatic make-up really suits her as well.


Madonna in Stella McCartney.
Age appropriate.
Finally.
It's lovely.


Live Tyler in Givenchy.
Because I'm beyond obsessed with Riccardo Tisci and yellow is my favourite colour.


BFFs Blake and Karl.
Because any reason to post a picture of the Kaiser is a good reason.


Ginnifer Goodwin in a custom Topshop gown.
Nice mix of green and turquoise.


Diane Kruger in Jason Wu.
Always the epitome of elegance.


Mary Kate Olsen in Givenchy.
Because I looooove her make up. Frankie, what do you think of it?


Jennifer Lopez in Gucci.
The colour is perfect and I really like her flower shrug.


And I couldn't help but end this post with Andre Leon Talley in his signature cape. It's Balenciaga.
He never fails at cracking me up.


Photo credit: Style.com and New York Magazine

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire