mercredi 18 mai 2011

I spy with my magic eye...



One of my most prized possessions in my jewellery box - at least sentimentaly - is a porcelain evil eye on a gold chain that my grandmother brought me back from a trip to Greece in the early 80's. I've had it for over 20 years and it's still in perfect condition.

Evil eye jewellery is believed to ward off curses and bad luck and to protect the wearer.

Apart from the sentimental value attached to this pendant, the reactions that it causes from complete strangers also make it special to me. When wearing it, I often get asked where I got it from people of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern heritage, since it's uncommon for a French Montrealer like me to wear this kind of symbol. I also learned that I can't let anyone else touch it when it's around my neck since it's known to bring back luck to those other than the wearer who dare to touch it.

Well I've noticed that I may not be the only Westerner who believes in the powers of the evil eye talisman, since our favourite Hollywood trainwreck was recently spotted with a pricey one around her neck during a recent court appearance. The Tres Glam Eye necklace LiLo is seen parading with retails for around $3,000.



Needless to say, we're suggesting you more affordable options.

Low Luv evil eye Locket Necklace - $125


Low Luv evil eye Cuff Bracelet - $185


Sydney Evan Black Diamond and 14K Yellow Gold evil eye Necklace - $550


Meira T. Diamond and Blue Sapphire evil eye Necklace - $645



Opening photo credit: Weheartit (yes, it's Gemma Ward)
Lohan photo credit: WireImage as seen on refinery 29

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire